Monday, June 4, 2012

Do you have a green thumb?

Personally, I do not.  And I would love to be good at gardening!  I have dreams of having a lovely cottage garden full of flowers and veggies.


I have a small garden now with some struggling blueberries and sunflowers, a few daisies, a geranium and a Japanese flowering bush.  Of all of these, the Japanese bush is doing best.  I water, weed and fertilize, but nothing looks quite healthy.  I'm hoping over the course of the year that I will learn what the plants each need specifically and be able to oblige them.  For now, I take comfort in living mostly in the woods, so we always have a lot of vegetation.  


I hope we always live in a wooded area: it's so lovely and shady and I really enjoy the sound of the rain on the leaves.  Wouldn't it be amazing to live on acres of woodland?  Someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment