Saturday, August 25, 2012

An Ode to Boots

 

Let me start by saying that boots are my absolute favorite footwear.  In a good pair of boots, I feel I can go anywhere.  I own a fair amount, my favorite pairs being lucky finds: a pair of perfectly distressed brown Frye boots- which were not only on clearance but also the last pair AND in my size, and a pair of green vintage mens Hunter boots.  


This last pair I keep by our back door, soldiers at the ready for when I feel like exploring our small wooded wilderness.  While I was lifting them up today so that I might vacuum beneath them, I realized how underutilized they have been this summer.  This I plan to rectify as soon as possible with a jaunt in our creek.  

 

And now that fall is around the corner, I am looking forward to donning boots on a more regular basis.  Mostly I like to wear them over skinny jeans and cords, but they are so charming with colored tights or textured over-the-knee socks as well.



Do you have any trusty pairs of go anywhere shoes?  Are there any pairs you are looking forward to getting this fall?  I am enamored with the Turkish embroidered boots at Karavan, a store in the Short North of Columbus.  They are so wild!  I think they would look great with black tights or over dark wash jeans:)




1. Vintage Engineer Boots  2. Bohemian Season  3. WASP 101  4. indulgy  
5. Treasures of Istanbul 

No comments:

Post a Comment