Monday, September 29, 2014

Apple Spice Bundt Cake and Happy Anniversary!

We did it!  Will and I have been married a year as of Saturday, September 27.  We celebrated by going to Perkins Observatory on Friday and looking through their giant telescope.  We saw Mars, a ring nebula, a giant star cluster and Saturn.  Complete with rings.  It was insane!


We were invited to a brunch the following afternoon at Will's aunt and uncle's house, and while we were told not to bring anything, I'm not the best listener when it comes to bringin food:)

So I made an Apple Spice Bundt Cake from this recipe.




While the recipe says to bake for 70-90 minutes, my oven runs hot and I found it was in good shape at 60 minutes.  I also used some apples from my friend's tree instead of the Granny Smith it calls for: I imagine that the Granny Smith would provide a more tart cake.



And there you have it!  I don't have any after pictures because (a) I forgot to take one as it was finished and (b) it got eaten pretty quickly, which is always nice.

I put powdered sugar on my cake instead of caramel sauce and it looked very pretty.  The cake is moist and spicy with a bit of crunch from the pan.  I would definitely make it again and highly recommend it. 

Happy Anniversary Will!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment