Sunday, January 8, 2012

Romance of the Rails

I don't know about you, but to me there's something romantic about train travel.  Traveling trains are harder to come by here in Ohio, but out in Massachusetts, we used to ride them from the suburbs into Boston all the time.  It was always so peaceful to lean your head against the cool glass and watch the world crawl by your window.  Trains often make me think of the old West, and I feel a sense of adventure whenever I step onto one.  They are a sign of progress and the past all at once.




It's amazing how far we've come since then: check out this Japanese Bullet Train (known as a Shinkansen)!  This particular model boasts the world's fastest internet.


...feeling adventurous?

2 comments:

  1. There is something very romantic about it.


    Minted Magazine


    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Your website is lovely.

    ReplyDelete