Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Challenge

I am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time, and wanted to make some loaves of bread for our family.  I've also been looking for an excuse to make a few new different kinds of bread, so I thought I would make it fun and challenge myself to a personal bake-off.


 So I'll be making four new-to-me loaves of bread in one day!  I'm excited to learn some new recipes and see how everything turns out.  I also made bread for our stuffing (Exhibit A above) which is now chilling in the fridge, waiting to be baked with hazelnuts and sage. 

I'll be making:

~ Challah
~ Buttermilk Whole Wheat (with the buttermilk I'll also be using for the Buttermilk Chocolate Pie)
~ Butter-Beer Batter Bread
~ Scottish Buttermilk Bread (gotta use it all!)

Updates to follow on Friday.  Happy baking my friends, and enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment